McLaren College is an online school designed to identify and train people for software
engineering careers who otherwise may not have such an opportunity.
We do not charge any up-front fees for our course; our fees are charged as a
percentage of a student's income after they finish the course.
This is an opportunity to join a growing startup with a friendly team and be part of
a mission to deliver life-changing results for our students
About The Role
You will be teaching full-stack software
development including React web apps,
with Mongo/Express and Firebase back ends.
Your role will involve:
- Teaching live, online classes via Zoom
- Monitoring the school's Slack channels and answering student homework questions
- Overseeing student projects and providing ad-hoc instruction and mentoring
- Assessing enrollment applications and conducting online applicant interviews
- Working with other teachers and administrators to develop the course curriculum and
overall strategy for the school
- Keeping in touch with former students to ensure they remain engaged with the
school for a number of years after graduation
Please checkout our salary calculator to see
how much salary we offer in your location.
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for this role:
- Excellent proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- At least 4 years experience with an object-oriented language
We prefer applicants with any of the following:
- Teaching experience
- Experience with the MERN stack
Location and Hours
We are a remote-only team and you can choose to work from home or a coworking office space
provided by us. You will be expected to work 40 hours per week,
usually 8:30am to 5:30pm IST Monday to Friday.
How To Apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the role you are applying for and your desired
Please include a description of an interesting project or functionality you implemented and how you
went about it.
Here's what will happen after you apply:
- If your application looks like a fit for the role, we'll invite you to take a 60-minute remote
test. We will email you 3 coding problems and you will need to write code to solve the problems
and then email
us your code within 60 minutes.
- If you pass the screening test, we will schedule a 2-hour meeting on Zoom for a more in-depth
coding challenge and to assess your communication skills and learn about your goals and
experience. We will
repeat these 2-hour Zoom meetings a few times until we are confident you are a good match for
We will pay you a reasonable hourly rate for each of these meetings.
- If all goes well, we'll offer you a position on our team! Alternatively if we reject you at
any stage we will notify you by email.